HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2002, 05:22 AM
Straightarrow

Default RE: I'm a beginner to bow hunting, need help!

DeerThug,

Sounds like you have a smart Pro-shop owner. A good businessman never, I mean never, offends a customer. Always look towards that future business if you can't get a customer's current business.

As for the beginner's bow. I would also recommend the brace height in the 8" range, 40+" length, and an easy to pull draw weight. I wouldn't necessarily recommend a dual cam bow, because a beginner will probably not even attempt to keep the cams timed. If the draw weight is low enough, they should be able to handle any single cam bow, though the two cam bows will come cheaper. If they are willing to take a two cam bow to a proshop to check the timing at least once every six months, then the two cam would be the best choice. Without a doubt, a round wheel bow would be easiest to learn on.

The number one most important consideration is to get a bow with the proper draw length. If you error on this, make sure it's on the short side. If you don't know your proper draw length, then that is where you need to start. There is lots of info on that in the archives of this forum and/or the technical forum. Good luck!