HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CVA FireBolt 209 Ultra Magnum
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 03:58 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CVA FireBolt 209 Ultra Magnum

I use a 50 cal hunterbolt mag rather then the 45 cal. which is the same exact rifle as the firebolt except 2 things yours has a fluted barrel and price tag thats 40 dollars more then mine. yet I still have the 26 inch barrel and everything else thats on yours. I love it and wouldnt trade it for the world. it shoots great with 100 grains of pyrodex pellets behind a TC's mag express sabots w/ 45 cal 240 grain Hornady XTP mag bullets. I just got it a year ago and blasted a deer with it last deer season was about a 100 yard shoulder shot on a 200+ lbs buck the bullet completely passed through the animal it stumbled around for second like a drunken sailor and fell over just a few feet from where he was shot. when I field dressed it I examined the wound channels what I determined is when the bullet hit the deers left shoulder the bullet and bone fragments shredded its heart the bullet exited and was lodged in its upper front leg on the right side, other bone fragments pierced both lungs and the liver and must have been a larger chunk of bone that created what looked like another exit wound on the right side of the rib cage. I would say he was dead before he hit the ground. the xtp mag bullet was recovered and weighed It didnt quite expand how I expected but it had almost 90% weight retention.