HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bowhunting ground blinds
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 11:44 AM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowhunting ground blinds

I use the double bull T-2 ground blind. I hide it really well with background cover. The one downfall I find is in thick forested spots where the light is low even during daytime light the light inside of the blind is even more inhibited. I often opt for a self-made ground blind with no top on it to allow more light in if I need to set up on bedding type areas like this.

The T-2 double bull blind is a nice blind and works better on edges where you get more light in, its easy to set up and easy to shoot out of. I do like the shoot threw mesh, it hides your movement inside of the blind. Deer and elk walk right by mine and pay it no attention to it, I have it set up a couple months before our August 30th opener to allow the deer to get acclimated to it.

I use tent pegs to hold mine down, since I leave mine in the area I hunt, this may not be possible for many due to the risk of someone stealing it. My double bull is on one of the few pieces of private land I hunt on. I wouldnt leave it on my public land spots.

btw...........Awesome looking buck your hunting...hope you arrow him!

Good luck,
Shed