HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - friendly direction
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 11:50 AM
RattleSnake1
Typical Buck

Default RE: friendly direction

WOW...what a great topic, I thought I was one of the rare ones to have been burned by "so called" hunting friends. I was INVITED to hunt a rather large parcel with another guy with a bow. The first year was uneventful, and basically just getting a feel for the land. Right after turkey season ended the following spring, he asked me my thoughts on what we could do to make the bowhunting better. I suggested moving pretty much all the stands and a couple of food plots. After having worked all summer on our plans, the one stand I was saving for the right time and wind was invaded opening morning by a kid of one of the other guys. I'm all for bringing youngsters into the sport, but they'll only learn what they're taught and is getting into someone else's stand right?? I DON'T THINK SO!
What angered me even more was the fact that the ONLY time this other guy and his kids were around was during the hunting seasons. I think if you don't put in the time scouting and the stand work, you don't deserve a big one. The one really nice one I have and the other decent ones have all come at a price of countless hours and hard work. It sickens me the way some people try to ride in on someone else's shirt tails all the time. I say grow a pair and DO IT YOURSELF.