HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - $15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Mike from Texas
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: $15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart

This is exactly the kind of stuff that puts your local pro shops out of business. Are you gonna take your bow to Wal Mart and have them work on it when there's a problem with it?

Sorry but this crap touches a nerve with me since my favorite local pro shop is closing it's doors because of this kind of mentality. He said he sells the bows then everybody goes to Wal Mart, Bass Pro etc... to buy the accessories, then they want to bring all of that stuff back and have him install it for free. The small shop guys can't compete with the pricing that places like that can. Since buying my Patriot from there, I have also bought all of my accessories that he carries from there as well. Most of the time he will tinker with my bow for free if needed and sometimes will let me shoot for free. You're paying for the service that you get. It's amazing that we will spend all of this money on the bow but want to skimp on pricing everywhere else. I can't say I blame people for shutting down shops with people doing stuff like this.

Keep it up and you'll be driving 30 miles or more like me now to find a pro shop that will work on your rig or you'll be shelling out the money to buy the stuff to work on it yourself. Then how much money have you saved by buying that pack of broadheads at Wal Mart?