HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow for a beginner (without the marketing hype)
Old 09-09-2004, 12:35 PM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow for a beginner (without the marketing hype)

Well, I went ahead and put a bow on layaway today, and it's a much better bow than I expected to be getting!

I had business in Iowa City and decided to stop by Scheels on the way home this morning. Turns out that they are just getting in next years models and had just minutes before clearanced their last remaining Bowtech Patriots down from $699 to $399! At that price I could hardly pass up the opportunity to buy a new bow for at or below what a used Patriot would cost me. It'll probably take me a month or so to pay it out of layaway, but it's mine nonetheless. I got lucky in my timing, because I'd bet both of those Patriots would have sold at that price by the weekend.

I'm just amazed how nice the bow shoots, especially for being so fast. Virtually no handshock or vibration at all. The poundage on the bow was turned down to 60 to allow the bow to be test fired by weaker shooters, but the result was a very pleasant and smooth draw cycle for me.

I can't wait to get it home and start shooting it, as I think I'll be a lot happier with a top notch bow like this one that a mid to low price model. Hopefully it'll give me years of service, that is unless I contract the virus so common among bowhunters that compels them to buy a new bow every year!

Again, thanks for the comments and suggestions...

Mike