HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - speed questions
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 05:17 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: speed questions

oh ok yeah according to my calculations your arrow with 100 grain broadhead included would weigh roughly 460 grains. boy now I'm a little boggeled. Ok lets start with the basics since it sounds to me your string is to heavy with accessories, If you go with the bare minimum of string accessories, on your string you should have one brass nock point use a string D-loop stay away from solid D-loops made from aluminum, take those leeches off sounds to me they are weighing your string down a bunch I would personally use wisker style string silencers in some cases the whisker silencers have actually increased my velocity by 1 fps. asfar as a peep sight i would use the shurz a peep i mentioned earlier. that should bring your velocity up some. the only other option would be use a lighter arrow just dont go to light, with that setup an arrow weighing about 415 to 420 grains should get ya about 245 fps.

My setup is a Browning eclipse SL set at 60 lbs with a 31 inch draw, My arrows are 31 inch 2315 XX75 shaft that weighs 512 grains broadhead included, My string accessories are one brass nock point a string D-loop 2 whisker silncers a shurz a peep sight and a saunders kisser button. My bow cronographed at a constant 242 fps.

where are you at? if you live in Arizona I would be more then happy to get with ya help you one on one. I wouldnt call myself an expert but I have been doing this stuff for years, 12 years to be exact. I'm actually in the process of trying to open a Archery pro shop.