HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - mighty mite limb is cracked
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 10:31 AM
c903

Default RE: mighty mite limb is cracked

If you are a Bowtech owner and are happy with your bow, no matter what, I am not talking to you. If you are a Bowtech owner but do have concerns, or are a prospective buyer still evaluating, I am talking to you.

To those who discern; you have to get past the "great service" mantra that any company and their loyalists might chant, to make the best choice and reduce the odds of spending your hard-earned money for something very expensive that you might have to constantly use the manufacturer's "good service" for.

Sometimes you are smart to cut your possible loss based on just a few incidents of malfunction if the cause is not factually and clearly known. If you have the time and money to blow, then take the gamble; it is your money to blow.

I presently shoot Martin bows, and have done so for the past 14 years. In the past, I have owned PSE, Browning, XI, Bear, Hoyt compounds, and have never had the first malfunction. Yes, I have two backup bows, but not because I expect a malfunction due to design or quality. I might cause a breakage or malfunction, or an accessory could fail and maybe I would not have the time to purchase, install, and shoot in a new accessory.

I guarantee you, as much as I like Martin; good service be damned. If Martin bows started having problems attributable to Martin and I wanted to stay with Martin, I would be on the horn very quickly and I would be asking questions and advising that I would not settle for a song and dance. Otherwise, I would drop Martin in a heartbeat, go with a product that is having a better reputation with quality, and screw the good service hype. I do not want to have to use "good service" if I can avoid it. If I have to use a manufacturer's warranty service it means something has gone wrong.