Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 mighty mite limb is cracked >

mighty mite limb is cracked

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mighty mite limb is cracked

Old 09-06-2004, 03:58 PM

Default mighty mite limb is cracked

well i just bought another mighty mite and was just jackin the poundage down on it and notice on the bottom limb there is a crack from the poundage bolt right to the v in the limb.. i will be posting picture later.. what is wrong there are alot of limbs cracking on bowtec and im shooting a 467 grain arrow..
Old 09-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: f*&$*n limb is cracked

Are you sure it is a crack in the limb not a flaw in the finish?

That would be like a 6 or 7 inch crack from the limb bolt all the way to the cam cut outs.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:07 PM

iam 100 % sure i have had bows with flaws in the finish but you can take youre finger nail across it and fell it..
Old 09-06-2004, 04:10 PM

the crack is 5 15/16 inch long
Old 09-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

onieda,
Is it an actual CRACK or is it just a raised line in the limbs finish?
Can you send me a picture of it?
It doesn't have to be a finish flaw.......If the film dip overlapped on the limb flat you might be feeling this and not a crack.

And by the way.......do me a favor and edit your thread title. Skirting the profanity filter is still a rule here.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Here's my splinter for comparison! [>:][&o]

SORRY FOR THE IMAGE........THIS FREE IMAGE UPLOAD SITE OBVIOUSLY HAS STRINGS ATTACHED!
Old 09-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mr. Fritz.........yep that's a splinter. You should have seen my Mathews Ultra Max limbs a few years back.......whoa baby.[:-] Picture the entire backside of one limb and half the other looking like that. But that was my fault and a hot bowcase as an accomplice.

I'm seriously suspecting.........and I know people don't want to hear it. Unless some bad lot of limbs got out I'm suspecting proper pressing issues.
These bows can be damaged in the limbs AND the riser by improper pressing and stresses.

I simply cannot see design or normal durability as a cause.
For example, take "BowTech Shooter"'s full line of demo bows that he totes around to different shops.....I've been with Pat at a few of these shows and these bows are absolutely ABUSED day in and day out. Far more than what one human being could do to them. They've been dry fired, (probably all of them multiple times), dropped, kicked, left out in all sorts of whacky weather and probably have thousands of shots on each of them easy. They all continue to just keep on shooting.....
All of my personal bows , friends bows etc I haven't come across one limb problem.
The common denominator in my mind is how we press our bows. I know Pat takes great care in pressing, as do I and my friends........I probably just passed about the 1500-2000 shot mark on my Liberty today.
I know it's presumptious but maybe these limbs are being unknowingly stressed during set-up by the shops that sold them? I know each will say "No Way" they're experienced etc etc. and I understand that.........but we're talking about new geometry here.
It seems like the majority of these are on basically brandy new bows, which could point to initial set-up.
You cannot treat these VFT style bows like a regular softer limb angled bow, you just can't and that's a fact.

Maybe a training video or such, or a warning sticker for the limbs with a quick pre-press checklist on it is in order? I know this stuff will be discussed.

I know BowTech will take care of the problem with each and every case.......I'm just wondering if we even need to be seeing the problems that we are.
Remember a bad batch of limb glass can happen to any of a number of manufacturers, so if that's a contributing factor, improper pressing will only magnify or enhance the problem.

Oneida,
With your Mighty Mite, if you have a 6" crack in the limb can you feel anything at full draw, or did you notice an increase in vibration when shot?
Old 09-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you have a 6" crack in the limb can you feel anything at full draw, or did you notice an increase in vibration when shot?
Same thing happened in my Liberty. Seemed a little louder to me and vibrated a bit more... inspected it and found a 6" crack going right up the center of the limb.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

These bows can be damaged in the limbs AND the riser by improper pressing and stresses.
Bowmasters should be a good presses for these limbs, correct? They seem to pull the limbs in the same fashion the string would and since it's a minor hassle to press beyond the point that the string is limp and workable, I think the bow's been pressed no more than it should be.

Your point is well taken though and I'll be extra careful in the future.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:16 PM

Default RE: mighty mite limb is cracked

my bow has never been in a press. the frist day i brought it home i heard a popping sound and a didnt think much of it.. mine also has a 6 inch crack all the way up the middle like joshkeller said... i have shot heavy arrows keep it room temp so it is not my fault... how long does it take for limbs to come in. season for nothern tier opens the 27

Quick Reply: mighty mite limb is cracked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.