HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CHIGGERS!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 08:09 AM
justhrowit
Typical Buck

Default CHIGGERS!!!!!!

O.K guys and Gals,

If you can't help I guess I'm just out of luck. Three weeks ago I did a scouting trip into the woods. Got home and didn't shower, because I just got a new bike and had to get out and ride. Well, next day I'm itching like crazy and it turns out I get Chiggers. I've been told if you take a warm shower you won't get affected by them! If you've never had them...God Bless your soul! What an intense itch that lasts over two weeks.

Anyway, Monday night I went on my first hog hunt...didn't see anything. I was covered head to toe. Got home and took a nice long Warm-Hot shower as the bugs were aweful. I woke up last night itching like crazy all over my hands/wrists, some areas around my belt line and my ankles. CHIGGERS AGAIN!!!! How in the.... I don't get it. Especially on my ankles again. I had long pants on, long socks with knee high rubber boots and they still got in there. What gives?

Anyway, I'm not sure I can handle 2-3 more weeks of itching like crazy. Anyone know of anything that'll make em stop. I have used Benedryl. I've pretty much bathed in the stuff for all intensive purposes. Stuff helps VERY minimally. Is there anything else that will work. You advice/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jay

P.S...sorry for the long post