HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Something not right with draw length.
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Something not right with draw length.

My advice, I wouldn't buy a bow from the place you just mentioned. Screw 'em. They should have been willing to help you anyway even if you didn't get it there. They would most likely charge you, but they should have helped. I would even call mathews and let them know. I doubt they will care, but it's worth a shot. It does no service to anyone to have someone shooting a badly fitted bow. Whether you are upset about them buying it from you or not. Like they said, they don't HAVE to work on it, but they should have been willing to help you. I would find a different shop, even if it means not getting a mathews.

And now you know why we tell everyone to go to a shop and get thier bow. Even if you know your draw length. Every bow and manufacturer is different. If you upgrade to a more expenisve more powerful bow, but you don't shoot it better, or it doesn't fit did you really upgrade? That is a nice bow however, I say try to get the problem worked out somehow. Even if you have to drive to another area, or work with mathews directly. You might have to pay for a new cam or something, but I doubt it would be much more than a new string and harness in the long run.

If mathews has a messege forum like this try there and see if you get some better info. I don't know if they have one or not. I'm surprised you didn't get more responses here. Lot of mathews shooters here, and probably a dealer or two.

Good luck,
Paul

By the way, I have a bowtech and love it! Module type adjustment with a post for fine tuning and awsome strings from the factory.