HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Something not right with draw length.
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 02:57 PM
JimBow
Fork Horn

Default Something not right with draw length.

Hi ,I am having some problems with my Q2xl. The cam I have is SL2-BR. On the Q2 xl this should be a 30 Inch draw from what I understand. The problem is I have to put alot of bend in my bow arm just to hit my anchor point next to my mouth. My old FX was 29.5 and It seemed I could shoot with a slight bent bow arm and didn't have the torque problems I have now. I want to a pro shop and had him take a look at me drawing and he said It looked way short. He drew it and swore up and down it was only 28 or 29 inches. I have had consistancy problems with this bow ever since I purchaced it. I pretty much narrowed it down to hand torque and a uncomfortable bent arm. I'm only 6'9'' so I should't have that long of a draw, Only kidding I'm 6'.

I had him install a loop To see if that helps. I want to get a accurate measurment With a arrow at full draw what point on the riser do you measure off?

PS.I also installed a winners choise string and made sure it was the 30/31 inch.