HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cracked limb from bowtech
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 07:23 PM
c903

Default RE: cracked limb from bowtech

pdq 5oh

I do not believe I said, "must be defective design." If I did, I would concede that the term "must" would be a bit premature. I believe I qualified by saying "might be, possibly, indicates, appears, I believe, etc."

Just because you might be chiefly persuaded by "great service," don’t assume that all shooters, or to be shooters, lay aside their suspicions and concerns regarding durability and reliability just because the manufacturer provides great and expedient service. With some people, just a few incidents of malfunctions or defective components is enough to turn them away. It is for me. I would rather not know how good the service in response to a major malfunction.

I have no doubt that Bowtech makes a good bow; but I personally have read of just enough incidents where a limb has cracked, sometimes more than once on the same riser, that I would not purchase a Bowtech bow until Bowtech has come forth and made it clear that 1) Bowtech has confirmed beyond reasonable doubt that the limb failures were caused by something that Bowtech warned against and/or had no direct control over, or 2) Bowtech has determined that the cause(s) of limb failures has been traced to something that Bowtech has full control over and that the problem has been fixed.