HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ever miss a Monster up close?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 08:31 PM
phantombuck

Default Ever miss a Monster up close?

2 years ago I was hunting in southern Illinois. Very cold morning the last weekend before gun season. Sat from 5 till 10 and saw nothing. I was hunting the edge of a thicket right on a setaside field. Had my bow hangin on my EZ hanger and I was standing up takin one more look over my shoulder before I got down. When I turned around there was a huge buck walking the edge of the field comin right too me. It all happened so fast. He had his nose to the ground so I was able to grab my bow. He stopped right about 20 yards from me and looked straight in my direction. I was already drawn at this point. I did somethin I've always known not to do. I looked at the rack right before I shot and I got excited. I didn't hold a little low and I hurried the shot. I took a little piece of flesh off the top of his back. That's the worst feeling seein that huge buck you dream about bounce across a field. Just wondered if there are any " what might have beens " out there like mine. Happy Hunting ------- > CH