HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - IBO World Championships....2004
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 08:03 PM
hoytshooter1977

Default IBO World Championships....2004

Let me say that the world championships at Snowshoe were great! The weather was not so kind,but everything else lived up to and exceeded our expectations. The 14 hour drive home after we shot on Saturday was a killer though as we had to make the drive with no sleep(22 hours). The trip was worth it though as we had a great time. The terrain was very tough and more than we expected coming from south Alabama where everything is pretty flat(LOL). The hunter class courses were tough and very challenging. My only suggestion for next year would be to have some type of novelty shoots set up to give us something to do between shooting times. Our club sets up some long distance shoots and a running bear shot for either a cash pot or door prizes. I am looking forward to 2005 and will be better prepared for the worlds next year. I would like to say thanks to the guys in my group. They were all great shooters and made me feel right at home. They made it a lot of fun and were quick to help me in any way. Just another example of the fine people that make the IBO what it is.....THANKS!