Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 IBO World Championships....2004 >

IBO World Championships....2004

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

IBO World Championships....2004

Old 08-15-2004, 08:03 PM

Default IBO World Championships....2004

Let me say that the world championships at Snowshoe were great! The weather was not so kind,but everything else lived up to and exceeded our expectations. The 14 hour drive home after we shot on Saturday was a killer though as we had to make the drive with no sleep(22 hours). The trip was worth it though as we had a great time. The terrain was very tough and more than we expected coming from south Alabama where everything is pretty flat(LOL). The hunter class courses were tough and very challenging. My only suggestion for next year would be to have some type of novelty shoots set up to give us something to do between shooting times. Our club sets up some long distance shoots and a running bear shot for either a cash pot or door prizes. I am looking forward to 2005 and will be better prepared for the worlds next year. I would like to say thanks to the guys in my group. They were all great shooters and made me feel right at home. They made it a lot of fun and were quick to help me in any way. Just another example of the fine people that make the IBO what it is.....THANKS!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-15-2004, 10:48 PM

Default RE: IBO World Championships....2004

I will be back! I loved it. I just wish I could have made the top five. Like Hoytshooter said we Alabamaians aint use to terrain like that! The hotline was an exceptional idea. The drive was not that bad. I did bust my bottom a couple of times.. IBO did a great Job!! I dont know why they would want to move the World location.. Snowshoe is great.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:48 AM

snowshoe was wonderful....the one weather day was fine, we just loaded up and went to the bowhunter defense ranges and had a ball.....

i shot ranges L and M, they were by far the best ranges we shot all year, and probably in the last few years the toughest....and that is fine too, after all it is the world shoot. a few of the 10 rings werent where my arrows landed, dont know if the ibo has a fix for that though

saw plenty of deer, no bears, dont know if that was lucky or not, and met some outstanding folks while there.

the added day was a great idea, i know some folks had a little trouble with the extra day off of work, but i think all in all, it was worth the trip. cant imagine shooting in that fog on friday. tough enough driving in it......glad everyone had a good time, and got to the shoot and back home safely.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:07 AM

Great Shoot! Had a good time there and it was thoughtful to have that extra day for weather. Keep up the good work IBO and hope to see that Senior Hunter Class next year. rcher
Old 08-16-2004, 06:52 PM

I enjoyed the mountain alot more this year than ever before, the Friday off was a fun day after the fog finally lifted, done some shopping, got alot of needed practice, and walking around talking to friends. Wish I had shot better, but thats ok, like they say, there is always next year.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:59 PM

I really enjoyed the Worlds this year. Seeing old friends and meeting new people is really what it's all about. And by the way, you get to shoot some 3-D targets along the way.