HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Questions Re: Quik Spin vanes?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 05:38 AM
c903

Default RE: Questions Re: Quik Spin vanes?

I do not have to see (understand) why you like them. Your choices and your reasons for your choices are your prerogative. However, I have to ask; at the distance you are shooting and the bulk of the animal you are hunting, do you (already) truly believe that the vane provides such an advantage as to give up downrange velocity and penetration energy?

Not challenging your choice, I would say, in general; I know that I would not give up velocity and KE for a product that does not (yet) appear to afford greater advantages than what can be had for a lesser price.

If future tests were to eventually show that the "Quikspin" can undoubtedly and consistently tighten groups much greater than other fletching could at greater yardage, and undoubtedly improves accuracy, then maybe to give up velocity and penetrative energy makes sense.

However, the vanes are heavier, the vanes appear to cause a decrease in shaft speed, appear to cause a decrease in penetration energy to the point that a special broadhead might be required to offset the penetration loss, are not yet proven to be greatly durable, some say they are noisy, etc; all for a slight group improvement for some shooters, and at a cost approximately 4 times greater that a vane or fletch that does just as well and does not cause as great of loss of velocity and KE.