Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Questions Re: Quik Spin vanes? >

Questions Re: Quik Spin vanes?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Questions Re: Quik Spin vanes?

Old 08-13-2004, 01:51 PM

Default RE: Questions Re: Quik Spin vanes?

I may have been a little vague in my above post. What I'm trying to say is that with my setup and under my testing I'm seeing better penetration and slightly flatter arrow flight (my groups are a little higher with QuikSpins consistently, even at distance). I haven't seem major improvement with my groups, but some are better. I have to admit that my tightest groups have been with QuikSpins though. I would like to think alot of it is just me and added practice too. [8D]

I don't have all the toys to test speed all the time and all I can do is calculate KE and all that, etc. I can go shoot these things a bunch and go from there. Using that info, I don't know that I'm losing any KE. Maybe I'm missing something here, but my experience with penetration into a target should allow me to determine KE loss/gain (assuming that target is the same for all tests, etc.) I can say after a week of testing, I'm getting deeper penetration with them.

Again, heavier is good for me. No complaints there. Like I mentioned above, my FOC gets back under 12% using these. My bow is very well tuned, so maybe that slight difference is giving me slightly better arrow flight, thus increasing my penetration and "flatness". I don't have anyway of really testing that other than shooting over and over. Who knows, the only thing about the QuikSpins that could really be helping my setup is the added weight. I would like to test this theory down the road too. I can fix that cheaper than this!

Hunting season starts in a week for me. These other tests will have to wait until next year. It's time to go huntin'!
Old 08-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Questions Re: Quik Spin vanes?

I don't want to get involved in the difference of opinion here but I can see where there may be another factor involved here other than KE which can help increase penetration. An arrow that is going in straighter will have better penetration than an arrow that is going in at an angle. Yes the quick spins may slow the arrow down thus reducing KE, however if the arrow is straighter, it could therefore allow the arrow to penetrate deeper. There I said it, now you can have the thread back. By the way, I switched to quick spins and love them.