HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Questions Re: Quik Spin vanes?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 04:37 PM
BowElkFreak

Default RE: Questions Re: Quik Spin vanes?

ORIGINAL: c903

Take for instance, your reporting that you experienced an overall greater penetration. Just that statement of one individual's experience and evaluation would lead some to believe that the vane alone generates greater penetration (no doubt, penetration is a very valid consideration.) However, a more thorough testing of the vanes revealed just the opposite. The testing determined that the velocity and KE of shafts mounted with "Quikspins" was less than the shaft mounted with other popular brand vane(s); to the extent that apparently NAP has come out with a broadhead that spins so that penetration is HOPEFULLY not greatly affected. Catch 22!!
I'm sick of arguing opinions, testing procedures, where to to test or not to test, etc.. Time for more important stuff.

Just curious... where did you get this information (quote above)? With my setup I've only experienced deeper penetration and my groups with QuikSpins are consistanty higher than those without, even at a distance (about 2 inches at 40 yards). I would be curious about all the variables in their test. With my setup, I have only experienced deeper penetration. I have yet to have a single QuikSpin arrow be "shallower" than a normal vane. I've been shooting them every night for about a week.

One other note. Please be aware that the extra weight they provide is good for my setup. I can't shoot feathers. They are too light and just flat ruin my FOC (13.79%). With normal GoldTip vanes I'm sitting around 12.55% and with QuikSpins 11.17%. With my setup, these vanes are worth it. Others will have to judge for themselves.