HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Normal, or is my puppy sick???
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 07:47 AM
MNpurple

Default Normal, or is my puppy sick???

Im a first time dog owner so I'm still catching on to what is normal and what isnt, but here goes........I have a female black lab, just over 4 months. I can almost always count on that once every couple of weeks she will throw up. She hadnt thrown up for about 3 weeks then last night she ate at 7pm and around 10 pm she threw up a stomach full. Well there are always a variety of other things in here stomach besides food...wood, string, rubber bands, and things I dont know what they are. No matter how well I watch her, everything goes in her mouth. Last night she found a can of mountain dew and drank some of it, wondering if this was why she threw up, is it like chocalate to her (bad). Anyway, I'm wondering if throwing up on occasion is normal for a puppy, simply because of everything they chew and eat or try to eat, or should i be concerned. My vet said I shouldnt be concerned unless she is doing it frequently because then something is wrong and dehydration is an issue. Normally after she throws up she is ready to eat or drink if offered and ready to play.
Is this normal and I'm over reacting or is something wrong here?