HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remmington 700 Triggers to tight??
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 03:07 PM
mossy33oak
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remmington 700 Triggers to tight??

G-town,
If you feel comfortable following instructions off the web, then by all means go ahead, BUT, if you are the least bit unsure, TAKE IT TO A SMITH!!!! My friend took his 700 classic to a reputable smith in our area, and he did the job while we watched, yes it is fully adjustable, but there are other things to check out, like making sure the trigger isnt too light and the gun fires from a light impact, (our gunsmith used a rubber mallet and tapped all around the gun after he was done to insure a misfire was not possible) also, unless you have a trigger pull guage you wont know what pound it is set at, the smith will have one of these. Most hunters prefer a trigger set somewhere between 2 3/4 -3 3/4 lbs with a slight bit of overtravel, so you dont jerk the gun on the followthrough. He charged my buddy ~$25 to do the job, it was done right, and he said if he found anything he didnt like about it he could bring it back for adjustments!! I think you cant go wrong if you take it to a smith, and you will have the peace of mind that it is done correctly.

just my opinion hope i helped