HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 05:12 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams

ORIGINAL: X_MAN

Hey Jeff B.-
Your ignorance blocked your vision to see the fact that I wasn't berating others' choice of equipment, but rather bring to light the inaccuracies of traditional single cams.
Hmm..I guess there's a fine line between "bringing to light inaccuracies" and "beating up on single-cammers"

And I don't even know who the joker is that said that single cams shoot smoother than any other platform out there. (Oh yeah, that was you Jeff!) You mean to tell me that A Mathews Outback shoots with less vibration than a Hoyt XTech with everything else being the same.
I have an X-tec, and an Outback on the way. There is no doubt apples to apples the Outback has less recoil. Vibration is another ball of wax, and the X_Tec has slightly less, not less enough to discount the fact that even with Xtreme limbsavers it has more recoil than the Outback (and it has less to do with the cam than the limb angles). IME with Darton, Hoyt, and Martin hybrids, Any high end Mathews will have less recoil and has substantially less vibe than Martin & Darton regardless of cam style.

Let me guess, you are voting for Kerry aren't you?
You need some work on your trolling, your inexperience shows here youngin'

Do you also suspect that single cammers are succeptible to this? Probably not, huh?
Absolutely, any bow is. If you would take a minute and think (try it, it works wonders) my point was folks who make a big deal about getting level nock travel with thier "superior" cam system (kinda like you) probably are not getting it.

Until Mathews starts putting pre stretched Stone Mountain strings on their bows, excessive string stretch will continue to be a problem. Remember, they do not give you the premium string. Neither does Hoyt, but then again their string is shorter so it is not prone to stretch as much.
BS! Hoyt strings are absolutely pitiful. Although I'm no big fan of Zebras, I'd take a Zebra over the garbage Hoyt puts on thier bows anyday of the week. End and center servings are horrid on Hoyt strings and they twist and twist and twist. That said I think both companies need to follow in BowTechs shoes and get with the program as far as strings are concerned.

Again, without all of the variables that you guys like to throw into the mix, Any string that is released closer to the center of the string itself with symetrical (tuned) cams will produce straighter nock travel. Any respected technical advisor agrees with this statement.
Yes. "straighter". But it doesn't guarantee straight and level. You should test the C.5 some more, because for the most part it ain't got straight nock travel, let alone level. With knowledge and some work, you can make it better, but Hoyt's initial C.5 ads are as full of BS as the initial Mathews ads.

Like JeffB says, if one limb is weaker it would cause uneven nock travel. With the load on the limbs of a single cam not balanced, you get uneven nock travel.
Not in all cases, just like not in all cases are hybrids giving you straight and level nock travel.The design of the cam has more to do with nock travel on a single cam all else being equal. the vast majority of modular singles exhibit poor nock travel (static), and non module cams show better (static) nock travel than any C.5 I've seen and are as good or better than most dual cams. You need to do some more testing.

*****NEWS FLASH*****
No one can dispute this. Blah blah blah...assorted talking out one's rear
*****NEWSFLASH*****

This is the same BS most people cry about with Mathews, but now that Hoyt is having a good year, I guess that doesn't matter Pot, meet the kettle.

And a sincere Thank You for pointing out that it is the bow that wins all the tournaments, and not the shooter. I cannot wait to buy another Hoyt so I can start whipping Hopkins' A$$ without any actual improvement in my own ability Anybody who really know anything about archery does not attribute cam type to shooting prowess, no more than Tiger Woods is only as good as the clubs he uses. :Yawn:

If you feel that this topic has been beat to death, then do not reply! There are a lot of other forums that you can entertain yourself on.
Agreed, why don't you go find one?

For a newbie you sure are making a lousy first impression. Thanks for telling all us regulars here to take a hike so you can piss in our pool

EDIT: BTW, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with someone who doesn't have all his/her facts straight..it's a waste of my time and everyone elses. You should check out ArcheryTalk, there's plenty of other people there who would love to argue with you who don't have their facts straight either....birds of a feather, and all that.