HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 12:56 AM
BOWFANATIC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams

1. The profit mark-up on Mathews for dealers is about 3 times what a Hoyt is.
Really? And yet Hoyts higher end bows cost the same as Mathews higher end bows for the consumer?[]

2. Mathews spends more on advertising/marketing than any other company.
Other than putting them (Mathews) at the top in sales and obviously annoying some people , what does that have to do with solo cam -vs- hybrid cams?

3. They once came out with an innovative product and consumers get tunnel vision.
So I guess you think all these consumers with "tunnel vision" just buy Mathews because of the ads? Or maybe just because it seems everyone else is shooting a Mathews? Do you think all Mathews owners just go out and buy any Mathews without testing other bows? Wake up!

the fact of the matter is traditional single cams do not provide level nock travel.

Hybrid Cam & 1/2's do. AS do dual cam bows.
Really? Well drop my drawers and smack my willy! I would have guessed my 3d scores would have dropped after selling my Hoyt double cam and switching to the Mathews , why with all that "level nock travel" I gave up , and my scores improved.[]

This doesn't mean that single cams are not accurate becasue they can be with a good shooter, they are just not as accurate as Hybrid's.

I am talking about shooting them off of a machine.
I've seen the Icon , Ovation , Mq1 , LX , and the Outback shoot thru the same hole from the HS , I cant imagine being any more accurate than that. Now if only we could use the "machine" for hunting.

A single cam string stretches a lot more than a Hybrid cam's string. I'v seen single cam strings stretch as much as 1 1/2 inches. Thanks Zebra!
I've had double cam strings stretch on just as much!
Thanks Winners Choice for eliminating that headache!

In my opinion single cams are on their way out and hybrids are in.
Your certainly entitled to your opinionated...ooops..opinion.

Let me know what you guys think. I need some traditional single cammers to beat up on!
I dont think much of it anymore to tell you the truth. Ive heard it countless times from other Mathews bashers , it's getting pretty boring!

If you feel that this topic has been beat to death, then do not reply! There are a lot of other forums that you can entertain yourself on.
Likewise! Other forums , most of which I assume you've been banned from?

Just exactly what is a "traditional single cammer"?