HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 11:21 PM
X_MAN

Default RE: Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams

Hey Jeff B.-

I don't know...you are a prime example though...worried about berating others' choice of equipment instead of shooting your own.

Might wanna get all your ducks in a row before you start trolling.

Your ignorance blocked your vision to see the fact that I wasn't berating others' choice of equipment, but rather bring to light the inaccuracies of traditional single cams. After all, I think consumers have a right to know the truth about the technology they are buying. Lord knows, the MAthews 30 page ads won't tell them.

And I don't even know who the joker is that said that single cams shoot smoother than any other platform out there. (Oh yeah, that was you Jeff!) You mean to tell me that A Mathews Outback shoots with less vibration than a Hoyt XTech with everything else being the same. Let me guess, you are voting for Kerry aren't you?

Our democatic friend also says-

Finally, limbs have just as much to do w/ nock travel as anything. I suspect a great number of folks shooting CPS hybrids are not getting perfect nock travel either because of less expensive /poorly matched limbs

Do you also suspect that single cammers are succeptible to this? Probably not, huh?

Until MAthews starts putting pre stretched Stone Mountain strings on their bows, excessive string stretch will continue to be a problem. Remember, they do not give you the premium string. Neither does Hoyt, but then again their string is shorter so it is not prone to stretch as much.

Again, without all of the variables that you guys like to throw into the mix, Any string that is released closer to the center of the string itself with symetrical (tuned) cams will produce straighter nock travel. Any respected technical advisor agrees with this statement.

It seems to me that there would be more of a load on the lower limb than the upper on a bow that has a cam on the bottom and a wheel on the top.
Like JeffB says, if one limb is weaker it would cause uneven nock travel. With the load on the limbs of a single cam not balanced, you get uneven nock travel.

*****NEWS FLASH*****
Doesn't it also seem unusual that Hoyt shooters have already broken 3 tournament records with the Cam & 1/2? I know you are going to say that it is just the shooter, but look at the ratio of Hoyt to Mathews shooters. Hoyt has proven they are far more efficient at winning tournaments with the Cam &1/2. No one can dispute this.

If you feel that this topic has been beat to death, then do not reply! There are a lot of other forums that you can entertain yourself on.