HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Used E Collar
Thread: Used E Collar
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2002, 12:03 AM
Lady Grouse Hunter

Default RE: Used E Collar

Valhalla,
Please reconcider this offer from your nieghbor and SAVE YOUR MONEY! Your nieghbors' going to be laughing all the way to the bank if you pay even $200.oo bucks for it, come on it is now a USED product. Why does he want to sell it anyways?!
I have spoke with a few OLD TIME Tritronics users that are now switching over to MODERN TECHNOLIGY. Spent that hard earned cash on a Dogtra E-collar and still have money left over! Yes you can get one wioth a warrenty starting at $199.00 + tax { D.T.systems 1999 model E.D.T. 100 w/ 20 levels of stimuli}! These collars are used daily by professionals and can take a real beating by the most active, reckless, dogs around.{mine!} They are completely waterproof and the transmitter is over HALF, I repeat, over half the size of the Tritronics rediculusly bulky ones. The D.T.Systems and Dogtra's transmitters look like a small cell phone with all the function right at your fingertips and clips on your belt with a metal clip installed on the back of it. No switching plugs or fumbling with multi adjustments either. Transmission time between Transmitter {the remote} and Reciever {the collar} is instant at any distance, no delay's in correction at the time of infraction which is very important in proper dog training.
The Dogtra's and D.T. systems both come with 60 intensity levels on momentary and constant and are hott as hell past a 30+, and will never need it unless it's a dire emergency! {Rattlesnakes, running for a busy roadway,etc.} Depending on which model, the range choices are from; 1/2 mile, 1000 yards {3000+ ft. at over 2/3's of a mile}, to some models at 1 mile range for horseback hunters after "wild" Chukars in very wide open country of the west. These company's back their products up as well. Go see these collars as well as D.T. Systems, a very close competitor of Dogtra,{I own a collar from this company}. at www.ctico.com and get the best price through this awsome warehouse through net!
P.S. Why do you think you need an E-collar anyways? If in doubt PLEASE go to www.uplandbirddog.com sign up and post a few questions to some real pro dog trainers of pointing breeds on this site. Do it for your dogs' sake... Also read in the archives about the experiences with pro trainers using Dogtra collars.

Edited by - Lady Grouse Hunter on 02/22/2002 01:26:49