HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Baiting
Thread: Baiting
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 09:05 PM
mammasboy
Typical Buck

Default RE: Baiting

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

While this may be true, you have to take into account that one is natural and one isn't. One changes a deer's natural pattern and one doesn't. Deer go to their usual feeding areas because it's their natural pattern. They feed in farmer's fields because that's what they've always done. You spend countless hours scouting a certain buck who comes out every night right before dark only to find that someone has put out a pile of corn somewhere back in the woods which he decides to go to before he heads to the corn field like he usually does. I have no problem with osmeone who hunts a NATURAL food source, but when someone disrupts the pre-established patterns of the deer, that's when I have a problem.

It isn't natural if someone planted it there. Putting a food source anywhere (even "natural"), will change a deers natural pattern(disrupting the pre-established patterns of deer). So if someone planted a foodplot back in the woods which altered the deers behavior, that would be o.k.? Is there really a difference here(other than time and money)? Or am I missing something.