HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NRA telemarketing
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Howler
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NRA telemarketing

Well, I just got dug out from under my "rock" and here's something for you guys to chew on. And tell me, after reading it, that you can't find a way to put up with a few phone calls asking for support for "our" cause!
"Senator John Kerry co-sponsors-along with the likes of Ted Kennedy, Dianne Feinstein, and Charles Schumer--S.1431, a bill that would: 1) ban all semi-auto shotguns; 2) ban all centerfire and rimfire semi-auto rifles that use detachable magazines; and 3) ban a lot of other guns newly determined to be "assualt weapons." Also, "Similar bans on all semi-auto shotguns, and/or pump action and semi-auto action rifles that use detachable magazines, such as the Rem. models 7600 and 7400, were introduced during the 2003-2004 legislative sessions in GA, LA, OH, and Penn. and were proposed for other states on the model "assault weapon" ban legislation put together by the Calif.-based anit-gun Legal Community Against Violence"
Now, does that hit home to any of ya? Can you see that this is an election year and the anti-gun crowd isn't going to stop at simply taking away, what they call, assualt weapons! It's a wake-up call. It is now time, despite a few "frustrating, ill timed, phone calls", to join in and back the NRA! Or will ya just sit back until your gun is on the list to be taken away?