HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shooting a Bow in your back yard Illegal?!
Old 07-13-2004, 06:59 PM
JimboHunter1

Default RE: Shooting a Bow in your back yard Illegal?!

Yes, it's a free country, but when shooting a bow in your backyard could be hazardous to your neighbors, you've got NO RIGHT to shoot a bow in it. I grew up in the country where you could run around naked in your yard with no concerns about anyone seeing you. Now, I live in a neighborhood where most houses back to other houses and nobody has a right to shoot a bow here. My neighbor does it occasionally and even though I'm a hunter and I fully support the sport of hunting, I'll be the first one to call the cops on him the next time I see it. Why you ask? Because I don't want my wife, my daughter, or my dog to be the first ACCIDENT to happen as a result of it.
On the other hand, if my neighbor's house backed to woods, that would be fine. I wouldn't have an issue with it. But who's to say that there wouldn't be a stray arrow due to a bee sting, a muscle twinge, or a faulty release?
There are appropriate places to shoot a bow and there are places that aren't. Do like the rest of us and shoot your bow at the local sportsman's club if you don't like it! [:@]