HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP !
Old 07-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Dirt2
Typical Buck

Default RE: "How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP !

Looking at that area makes my mouth water. Looks like good ground to me, as far as you can tell from a picture. Does the lack of deer sightings at the north end mean there aren't many deer up that way, or that, since your entry appears to be down at the south end, you just don't get clear up there to the top/north? Because to me, that north end looks like where I'd start my efforts. First, because it's farthest from the access point. Second, because it appears that by far the biggest chunk of unfragmented woods is on the north, heading clear off the map to the NW. For those two reasons, both having to do with hideability and remoteness from hunting pressure, I'd bet the bigger bucks in your area are holing up in that large woodlot on the NW. There's a thin cover funnel coming down out of the "big woods" running basically to the SE. You've got a single sighting marked right at that point. For me, that's the area I'd zero in on for a stand.

P.S. I reserve the right to be way off base in anything I just said!