Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 "How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP ! >

"How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP !

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

"How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP !

Old 07-09-2004, 01:04 AM

Default "How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP !

Okay its a pic 148 in kilobytes, about 20 seconds for a 56 k user.
The bottom of the map is the south lets say.
The yellow is the boundary line, now, its 247 acres of land, and I have only shown about HALF of the land, the reason being is, some of the land is unhuntable, houses etc, but ALOT of it is called machette hunting, it is not normal woods, it is overgrown with massive briar bushes and so on.
I know you will all say " at that part near the left hand side where you see all the deer"
Problem is, about 100 yds through that small strip of woods (about 50 yards wide) is a farmers house. These deer arent dumb.
SOME of the trails are UNFOLLOWABLE meaning, I dont care who you are, unless your going hunting with a chain saw, you CANT follow them.
Every place that I have seen rubs, scrapes, deer tracks I have mapped also.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:06 AM

Default RE: "How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP !

We normally pull in at about 3am at the bottom of the map and park right along the road. Its about a 400 yd walk to the houses front door.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:07 AM

Also, forogot to mention we have only EVER seen one buck in here the rest have ALWAYS been LARGE doe.
We call the strip of woods along the creek on the left side the "deer highway" because in hunting season when you shoot your gun off, you hear all kinds of deer crashing through the woods.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:18 AM

All fields are soybean except for the bottom field on the left, it has just wild flowers planeted, that is where I have seen and actually witnessed deer playing.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:00 AM

You do realize you can edt your posts and put all that information into one, right? Or are you working on your post count?
Old 07-09-2004, 02:00 AM

no i didnt know that [&:]
Old 07-09-2004, 06:18 AM

That looks like an awesome place to hunt!!!! I would try that thin strip at the top where the pond is. Or any of those thin strips in the middle that run horizontal. They look like good bottlenecks.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Solax
I would try that thin strip at the top where the pond is.

My first thought as well..
Old 07-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Where to start ?
There are so many funnels and edges there a fella could go just about anywhere and get something .

If accessible any area with water is a good place to start , and those funnels would also be good , unless there's no sign at all . The horizontal trail second from the bottom going through that windbreak looks particularly prime , along with the left side strip connecting the 2 deer rich areas in the lower left . I also like the look of that thin strip on the upper right near the pond , lots of possibilities there .

You will be granting us access for the help , right ?
Old 07-09-2004, 07:08 AM

Sure if your near Charlotte cmon by.
That strip between the 2 areas you mentioned, it is PACKED with deer, I have seen the "herd" move through there more then a few times, the deer I shot in there was with my shotgun, I was ground level sitting against a tree, she just came moping down the trail.
The only problem is the whole woods there is on a very steep hill, so its hard to be high enough in a stand to see to the bottom, without being in a ton of trees, and at the bottom if I build a stand I am eye level to about half the hill on up. []

Quick Reply: "How would you hunt this" with real satallite images HELP !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.