HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - elk Hunting Tactic
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 04:16 PM
BareBack Jack
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: elk Hunting Tactic

That sounds like a good tactic,by all meas I hope you the best succes.I'm sure that everyone else won't mind if you don't get out and walk.

Just messin with ya,nobody is saying you can not hunt with your buddy or stay with him.I would get a map and find out were his land is,dose it boder Nat'l Forest,private property,refuge or what?If it borders Nat'l Forest you just might have a untapped resorce to your advantage.You can hunt through his property and on to Nat'l forest and have him pick you up later 4-5 miles down the road or the next road over.Look at the map.Try and find the nearest posible elk cover,have him drive you to it and hunt that,maybe you can scare some down across the road to your buddy.
How far is his place from a road,what is the terrain like,is it elk country or is it a waste of your time.Your best bet is to get a good map,find a drainge with water,a few saddles in it and maybe a meadow,best case senario,1-2 miles from the nearest raod,I would hunt that,look for elk sign and maybe a few elk.
BBJ