HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you didn't shoot a deer in 1st 7 yrs...would you quit hunting deer?
Old 07-06-2004, 02:11 PM
trapper T

Default RE: If you didn't shoot a deer in 1st 7 yrs...would you quit hunting deer?

On the borderline of what TH said. I'd try and find a new locale? But the real part of your question If I had to ask myself that I would first look at why I was hunting? If just for the kill then yes. But some people seem to think that is why we do what we do. I can understand his frustration. I have Elk hunted for nearly twenty years, and have only tagged one elk.That was in '96. Now I had one taken from me a few years back but other than that those are the only two times an elk has fallen due to my shot.I almost quit hunting that day. My Dad talked me into it by the afternoon. I realized that it wasn't fair because of how hard we'd worked for that animal just to have some lazy ass who thought they were hunters steal it from us. BUt now I still trudge on every year in the hopes of an opportunity at an Elk. I never ask/pray for a kill but an opportunity. Not all enjoy the sport for the sport but for the kill and those would probably quit when they never get that? I for one will never quit..... PERIOD