HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MM VFT & MZE Clearance
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MM VFT & MZE Clearance

Rosey,
When I say it WILL work, I got it to work on my Might Mite no problems but that was a 2002 model....Since the Mighty Mite is now a VFT model it will have less slide travel and I just realized that this might not work for you.

Try this if you haven't already.

Nock point level to 1/8" above center.
Scrap the overdraw shelf entirely it gets in the way of where you need to position the launcher, you need to get at the 3rd mounting hole on the swingarm. Put that in the 3rd hole, and then swap the hook arm into the bottom hole on the swingarm. This will give you more leverage and more launcher travel with the same amount of slide travel.
Set the launcher height at full draw to be dead level with the bottom of the rest mounting holes........the arrow should be parallel to and in front of these holes...........at rest the launcher should be sitting just below the level of your arrow shelf?

As a last resort,do the above but try crossing the string/cable above the slide........it's a shorty bow so you may wind up with too hard of an angle off the idler so be careful, but it should give you more usable slide travel.
That is how Muzzy got the ZE to work on the Patriot and I know many guys have done it successfully, but be CAREFUL. That hard of an angle would scare me.

This is the exact reason I stopped using the ZE even though I REALLY liked it.....it's a touchy set-up with parallel limbed bows and their extremely short slide travel.