Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 MM VFT & MZE Clearance >

MM VFT & MZE Clearance

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MM VFT & MZE Clearance

Old 06-28-2004, 11:55 AM

Default MM VFT & MZE Clearance

I have set up a MZE on my '04 MM VFT after having some clearence issues with the NAP 2000 drop-away. After tuning the bow to shoot bullet-holes, I noticed that the (thin) moleskin that I put on the claw was getting tore up (from bottom center slightly to the left) after about 40-50 shots. After REPEATED shooting sessions, raising, lowering the rest. I can't seem to get clearance - no matter what I do (with the rest). I took off the moleskin and applied foot powder to the claw - still getting contact. I can hit what I aim at, but I like things to be perfect. Occasionally, I see an arrow fishtailing, but not all the time. What do I try at this point? Do I raise my nocking point? Tiller is fine. Below are my specs:
DL = 29.5"
DW = 63 lbs
MZE Rest
Arrows - GT XT 5575
Arrow length - 26 7/8" (from nock center to back of insert)
3 - 4" Feathers, 4 degree Left Helical
Point weight - 100g
String Loop (no nock)
Caliper release.

The strange thing is - on my other bow (with a MZE - see below) the arrow at full draw is noticeably higher at the nock end, whereas with the VFT - the arrow is perfectly straight at full draw.
Any insight would be appreciated, for I am out of ideas[&o].
Old 06-28-2004, 12:11 PM

Default RE: MM VFT & MZE Clearance

Is the tiller on your other bow fine when both limbs are bottomed out. You might have a weak limb, what is your other bow?
Old 06-28-2004, 12:12 PM

Raise the nock a bit. Then re tune
Old 06-28-2004, 12:19 PM

Other bow is a FX - Tiller has not been checked in awhile - but it shoots perfect. I just can't put the MM down! I love shooting it! I just wish it would behave[8D]! I will try and move the nock up in 1/16" increments and see what happens - Thanks!
Old 06-28-2004, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Could you please decribe the height level of your launcher arm.......IE "At rest even with the shelf, level with rest holes at full draw"

The ZE will work on a Mighty Mite nicely but you need to set it up properly.......how they show in the video is not "Properly" for this bow.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:47 PM

Matt, at rest, the "shelf" of the MZE is about 3/4" above the shelf of the bow. To get it much lower than that would require me to take off the MZE plates - would this be ok, or are the plates an integral part of the mechanical operations?
Old 06-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

The plates really dont do anything I had to take the plate of the MZE on my Black Knight as the shelf is a little wider on the 04 model Bowtechs.

Here is a pic.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:42 PM

WOW! Did you have the same problem as I did initially, and then decide to take the plate off? I am going to work on it tomorrow and post the results - hopefully it'll work out[&:].
Old 06-30-2004, 03:05 PM

OK, I brought the bow to my dealer, and we tinkered with the rest for quite a while - with no good results or ideas to bring the claw below the level of the shelf without lowering the nock point. The thing I can't figure is that the travel on the cable slide will be the same no matter what level I put the claw at. We put it back together as close as we could to the original settings, tuned it all over again, and got it to shoot bullet holes through paper. My sights were off 2' to the left at 10 yds, re-sighted --- shot great. I'm fixing to check it for contact again. If anyone can lead me in the right direction before I buy another rest ---- your guidance is welcome. I really want this rest on this bow[:@]. BUT - if it's not meant to be, the shakey hunter or whisker B. is next on the list[&o].
Old 06-30-2004, 03:18 PM

Yep - still the same clearance problem[:@][:@][:'(].

Quick Reply: MM VFT & MZE Clearance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.