HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sorry, but I have to ask Mathews or Hoyt???
Old 06-26-2004, 04:22 AM
slobbyrobby33
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sorry, but I have to ask Mathews or Hoyt???

I tried out all of the bows you listed pluse the BowTech Patriot SC,Duelly, and liberty. All are outstanding bows.

What I didin't like about the Hoyts is the handle was just to small for me. I didn't feel like I had control of the bow. What I did like about it was it is a very fast quiest bow.

Mathews LX was a nice bow but a lot harsher draw cycle than the Outback. LX had good speed put it down for the Outback.

Mathews Outback was an outstanding bow was one of my final 2 choices of all the bows I shot.

Bowtech Patriot dulley was an outstanding bow but the finall decision came from the fact it only came in 65% let off and with my arrows I only lost 4 fts (chrono'd) with my arrows.

I spent 2 days going back and forth between 2 dealers shooting the Outback and the Patriot SC and it finally came down to the fact that the Patriot was all around smoother than the and faster than the Outback. Also just wasn't quit sure of a bow that short. I went with the Patriot SC and would not change it for the world.

Just my .02 worth.