Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Sorry, but I have to ask Mathews or Hoyt??? >

Sorry, but I have to ask Mathews or Hoyt???

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Sorry, but I have to ask Mathews or Hoyt???

Old 06-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Spike

Default RE: Sorry, but I have to ask Mathews or Hoyt???

Thanks for all the replies. I will be shooting the Outback this week and have all but eliminated the Hoyt. The dealer will not let the bows be shot and I refuse to buy a boy I can't shoot first. The Mathews dealer is more than willing to completely rig a bow for me to try.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:59 AM
Spike

And for Bowtech, same dealer as the Hoyt. Take note I've spent plenty of money in his store in the last year.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Spike

Sorry, once more......I said wouldn't allow the bow to be shot, maybe I should say wouldn't take the time to put a rest on one to be shot.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Im on my second Mathews and I love them but Hoyt and Bow Tech are good also.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:24 PM
c j
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: StevenA

Thanks for all the replies. I will be shooting the Outback this week and have all but eliminated the Hoyt. The dealer will not let the bows be shot and I refuse to buy a boy I can't shoot first. The Mathews dealer is more than willing to completely rig a bow for me to try.

Man, that really sucks. I was in a similar position. The 'big' dealer in town wouldn't change the draw lengths or weights on any of their bows, either. They pretty much acted like they really didn't even want anyone test-shooting anything. I only dealt with them because they were the only place in the area that had BowTechs. I chose the Liberty after shooting it and I'm extremely happy with my choice - I just don't think I'll put up with that dealer again when it comes to buying my next bow.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:00 PM

Well, based on your position I feel you will make a wiser decision going with whatever dealer treats you better...in this case the Mathews dealer. I think having a knowledgable bow shop owner who is willing to help you out is more important than what the name on the bow says.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:54 PM

I just bought my matthews outback and it is AWSOME. I came in and said i wanted to shoot the Outback and the grip just felt perfact in my hand. The grip on my dads Razortec makes me bleed on the top of my hadn and i really dont like it. When he was cutting my arrows i picked up the Xtec and it felt 100 times worse then my dads Razortec. I could put one hand around 6 arrows at 20 yards right away i knew that was the bow for me. I think my hand is just too big for the skinny Hoyt grips.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:22 PM

I have had problems with local pro shops as well. Last year when I started to get heavy in to bow hunting, I bought a new bow (Legacy), and went to the proshop to get some advice/help about setting up the rest/sights of the bow. The Owner was the one helping me (if you could call it that), I dont know a lot about archery equipment at this point, but after about a minute of showing me sights, he jerked the sight out of my hands and told me he dont care what I get just to hurry up and pick it. I guess he was in a hurry to do nothing, the store was empty. This really pissed me off, and have gone back since, and prob. will never go back[>:]
Old 06-30-2004, 05:33 PM

personaly i shoot bowtech,but i suggest you go shoot em all and buy the one YOU like the best.worked for me