HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin...
Thread: Wisconsin...
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 07:32 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wisconsin...

What's to talk about? Lots of rain, kind of between hunting seasons...kind of a quiet time of year.

I could again bring up how stupid Earn a Buck is, but what's the point? We would have the same exchange all over again. Me and others saying it is a dumb idea, and the "Amen DNR Chorus" saluting the job they do, in spite of what the harvest numbers say...

But, like I said, what's the point? Deer per square mile have actually DECLINED in most units over the past 6 years, but since the DNR has reduced the overwinter goals for deer population, they now say "Whoa! Too many deer! Overpopulation problems!" Forget about the fact that even the DNR can't show that their Sex-Age-Kill model is accurate (remember in early 2003 when they first said the population of deer was down according to EAB due to a lower buck kill in 2002?), forget about the fact that EAB will mean fewer hunters in the woods, and forget about the fact that the t-zone hunts in October do nothing more that alienate the fastest growing segment of deer hunters--bowhunters--forget all of that. The DNR is content to manipulate the numbers to justify the bloated bureaucracy created in the Wildlife Management section of the agency. The more complex the job is made to look, the more job security they have.

But like I said, what's the point?...so I won't even bring up the topic of the DNR's bureaucratic incompetency.... [:-]