HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would you guys do?...New farm.
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 12:24 AM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What would you guys do?...New farm.

I would immagine that if the tennant knows that they are hunting there the land owner probably does too. Try to find out who they are but I wouldn't wait until the week before the season starts to hang your stands just because you want to be respectful. Give it a good honest effort to find out who they are and contact them. If for some reason that you can't then pick your spots and hang your stands. If you get there before they do then that's not your fault that they procrastinated.

I wouldn't go around posting someone elses property just because you have permission to hunt it. If they wanted it posted they would have done it.

An idea you might consider if you don't find out who they are and you do end up hanging some stands it to photo copy and laminate your "permission slip" and attach it to your stands in a conspicuous place letting them know that you do indeed have permission to be there. You may leave some contact information as well. It may help avoid having your stands removed or stolen if they do have permission as well.