HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would you guys do?...New farm.
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default What would you guys do?...New farm.

Always Good news........I received written permission this past winter on a couple of sweet new farms to bowhunt for this season in my home county. I have scouted a few times already since early March and apparently by the sign I am finding they are crawling with deer that appear to be easy to pattern.
Yippie right!?

Bad News......South Central PA is also crawling with hunters that are just as easy to pattern, and I just found out from a tenant on the best looking farm that somewhere in the neighborhood of at least 4-6 other hunters also bowhunt these properties .[&o]

The good spots are obvious, almost too obvious and I guess I am moving in on someone elses "turf".

The guy was no help with names of these hunters, and I found no other stands hanging in my travels last weekend.
I am chomping at the bit to hang a few stands ASAP and get out.........Do I need to feel like I should take a backseat to these guys who have been hunting there? or should I just "have at it" and treat the property as mine since I have every right to be there?
If I hang stands where I want to it's going to obviously force somebody's hand.