HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bowtech freedom cam draw stop?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bowtech freedom cam draw stop?

Dixie........if I'm reading all that correctly:

If you have a Freedom cam with a #4 mod and you're talking 8.7 post settings I assume that you have a Justice.....I'm not sure why the dealer set your bow as they did.

The 8.7 post setting for the F4 mod is 80% at 27"........at the 6.5 post setting you are over rotating the cam to get your draw length.
The physical difference between the 2 settings is pushing 1/2" that's why you feel short.
The post settings are designed more to give some DOWNWARD adjustment of draw length and also lowering let off and valley a bit......by mixing and matching modules and post settings carefully a shooter can find their desired let-off and draw length. The draw stop is not to be used as a draw length adjuster by itself.

You need a F3.5 module which will give you what amounts to your 27.5" draw length.

Justice: F3.5 @ 9.2 post setting = 27.5" and 80% let off.

This should give you back the draw length you lost when you placed the post correctly for the #4 mod.
If the #3.5 is still too short then try a #3 @7.4 post setting...another reason you might want a #3 is if you desire a draw length AND let-off under 28"/80%.

I'm guessing the 3.5 module at the proper setting will do the trick.
Follow the manual specs to start with with regards to post settings, see how the bow feels and then play a bit to get your personal desired let-off/valley etc.