HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finnally fired the new muzzle loader
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 08:58 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Finnally fired the new muzzle loader

WOW... that is some nice shooting there. Sounds like you really have a good shooting rifle on your hands. And I think you made a wise choice going to the loose powder over the pellets. That of course is my personal opinion.

I have never shot the Barnes although I think when I shoot a Knight Sabot it is really a Barnes. I am not sure. The Knight Sabots in my Wolverine are really accurate.

Enjoy your new rifle. Sounds like you have a great shooting combination there. The deer I am sure are not going to be real thrilled that you have that rifle, but the first deer you take with a smoke pole will be one remembered the rest of your life.

By the way- be sure and have a little cash set aside at the end of the hunting season. That is when a lot of the stores like Wal Mart will put their Pyrodex on SUPER SALE!! Last year after hunting season I was getting it for as little as $8.00 a pound. We normally were paying $16.00 so needless to say I stocked up. Trouble was I was shooting hard and heavy all winter and shot it all off...[]