HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I found the arrows I want
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 03:14 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I found the arrows I want

The 6 gr per pound rule doesn't apply to very short draw shooters.It is the AMO spec and there is a list on bowjackson sight if anyone is interested in looking at it.

With the extremely short draw the power stroke on the bow is very short so the lighter spine arrows are most likely the best arrow for Zack.Even if you decide to go up a few pounds.Chances are you will need new arrows before they are too light on spine.It would be different if you were pulling 30" draw and had an overdraw on the bow,you would definately need the stiffer arrow then.

Slightly stiff arrows are great and maybe even up to one size stiff on a chart will serve you well but I have found that when shooting a target rig that I want a PERFECTLY spined arrow(right down the middle of the Archers Advantage program) and when using a hunting setup I want to be slightly stiff but still in the green,if I go beyond that I start to see that the arrows are a little to touchy and the forgiveness is gone.

Nuge,a slightly stiff arrow may bullehole but that really doesn't mean much.A very slight adjustment of the rest may result in a bullethole but the centershot isn't perfect and the bow will not shoot as well in your hands as it could.It is actually better to have a slight tear with an overspined shaft and still have centershot set properly(group tuning should achieve this).This will be more forgiving and group better for the shooter.