HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Definatley Trout in PA creeks now!!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 05:59 AM
PABowhntr
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Definatley Trout in PA creeks now!!!!

I will agree with that statement........our group of friends made our annual "Memorial Day Weekend" fly fishing trip to a PA stream this past weekend. I bet between the 6 of us we caught a couple hundred trout. Some nice ones at that.
Landed a couple dozen on dry flies. Good friends, Beautiful river, nice hatches, cooperative fish.......no I'm not telling you where
So where are the pics Matt? That high-res. digital camera you have would have proved very beneficial in this instance.

Speaking of bass Frank, if you want the kid to experience some nice fishing, Leaser Lake has some nice bass hanging around the damn. I took Ally out the other day and rigged up a fat night crawler and a bobber on her Scooby Doo pole. I cast it out about 8 yards for her and she had a couple nice bass (~15") in a few minutes. Pretty neat to watch her pull in something other than sun fish!
Thanks for the tip Fred. I have been meaning to take Logan and Michelle out in the canoe up there. We do it every summer. Maybe this weekend at some point. I have to work on the bass opener...and am somewhat glad of that fact as I am sure it is going to be nuts up there.

On the trout note, the PA hunting and fishing show (?) had a segment on how bad the fishing has been this year and that the commission was listening. That may have been the impetus for the nice stockings now.
Are you talking about PA Outdoor Life? I once watched that faithfully but got away from the routine. I had thought that the lack of stockings this year had to do with the Fish Commission losing so many trout at one or two hatcheries over the winter?