HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your Season and the Weather ?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 05:48 AM
Adrian J Hare
Nontypical Buck

Default Your Season and the Weather ?

I was just interested in what or how everyones weather has been throughout this spring. Here in Ontario the weather has been totally different from other years in the past. I've noticed it Very Cold and Wet here and the birds have not worked the same as seasons past. Gobbling activity has been down and noticed it real bad if a Cold front moved into the area.

Yesterday sitting in the Blind I had 2 coats on over top of each other to try and stay warmer as I sat, and I still got cold. Frost has been on the ground 75% of the mornings out. This morning it was so thick that it looked like snow !

I noticed that I had to change my Calling habits this spring from other seasons, to work birds and believe my % rate has slide a little due to days that a cold front would move in and the woods were silent. Its hard to work birds if you hear No Gobbling or don't see any birds out in Fields or openings to work them. The onlt way of hunting on these type of Mornings that I could see is setup on places the birds tend to visit and wait them out. I guess over all I have not did real bad , but sure have been disappointed in the season.

Have you seen a change in the hunting or weather in your State or Area ? ...BT