HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Info on the Ruger #1
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004, 09:09 PM
cherokee_outfitters
Typical Buck

Default RE: Info on the Ruger #1

Vapordog that is totally not true of a Ruger #1. I've yet to shoot a Ruger #1 that wouldn't shoot under an inch group at a hundred yards. Who ever you have been talking to probally can't shoot well with any rifle. I own several of these not shooting rifles and theres alot of men at the rifle range that lose money to them every year. That's pretty outstanding to me for a standard hunting rifle to beat out bench rifles for groups at times. 3" group is plain awful. My Ruger's will shoot under that at 300yds. For the money this is one of the best rifles you can shoot for hunting.

I will say this about Ruger #1's they do have a slower twist and they like medium to light bullets alot better than heavier ones. But for the long range hunting its not a problem for those that load for speed. Speed equals ft lbs down range. So if your buying a ruger #1 30-06 to shoot 180's to 200gr bullet you probally bought the wrong rifle for that. But I bet I can load 180gr bullets in my 300win Ruger No1 and still shoot under 3" groups at a 100yds. lol

If there standard accuracy was 1 1/2" at fifty yards then they wouldn't have been in production this long.

Trailer you won't be disapointed in this rifle. Not only will they shoot but they shoot damn fine. Are they bench rifles nope they are built for hunting. But with the right load and the right man yes they can take home the money. Especially when we start shooting off hand silouettes. I see a competition coming up sometime in the future. hehe