HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Polarized sunglasses????
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Buck Magnet

Default Polarized sunglasses????

Okay guys,

I am looking into ordering a pair of good quality polarized sunglasses to use when I am fishing! I have been reading up a good bit, but I have a feeling that alot of the stuff I read is just b.s. I would really like to try out some good polarized sunglasses but not many places around here carry any, so I am kinda going by reviews, specs, and what others say.

I was looking at a bunch of brands.... wiley-x, H2Optix, Serengeti, Bolle, Ray Ban, Maui Jim, Costa Del Mar, ect... and I am really liking the looks of the Bolle glasses.

I am looking at three different models.... the Thunerstruck, Heatseeker, and Meanstreak!

These three models are from the "Metals" collection! They all feature polycarbonate lens which are supposidly 20 times stronger than glass and 1/3 the weight. I have read that you can shoot them at 10 yards with a 12 gauge shotgun and they won't shatter! They all three are made of composite nylon and metal frames which are supposidly nearly indestructable! They also feature P3 lens technology along with AR (anti-reflection) coating.

Now, the thing I don't know is what lens color to get. Most of my fishing is done on streams with either partly cloudy or sunny conditions. I want a lens that is going to cut through the glare very well, provide crisp and clear pictures, and I don't want it to be too dark that it makes it hard to see the fish.

The Heatseeker can be bought with Polarized Cobaltz, Polarized Midas, and Polarized TNS (True Neutral Smoke) lens.

The Meanstreak can be bought with Polarized Cobaltz, Polarized Cactus, Polarized Midas, and Polarized TNS lens.

The Thunderstruck can be bought with Polarized Cobaltz, Polarized Midas, and Polarized TNS lens.

The Bolle website ( www.bolle.com ) says this about each of these colors....

Polarized Cobaltz.. Medium contrast steel gray lens with platinum metallic blue mirror and polarized filter. Ideal for high glare enviroments and bright light conditions, such as marine sports.

Polarized Cactus.. Medium contrast gray/green lens with gradient gold mirror and polarizing filter. Ideal for driving eliminating annoying road glare.

Polarized Midas... Burnt gray medium contrast lens with gold mirror and polarizing filter. Ideal for high glare light conditions and outdoor sporting activites. Also reduces eye fatigue by cutting down on infrared light transmission.

Polarized TNS Gun... Neutral density grey lens with metallic silver mirror and polarizing filter. Provides true color definition while fighting harsh glare. Ideal for everyday, all-purpose wear.

Sorry for the length, and I hope that someone can help me out here! Thanks guys!