HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newberry B1 report
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004, 07:35 PM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Newberry B1 report

First of all, to Straightarrow, thanks alot for the tip on measuring cam lean. I will be trying that on my other bows as well. As far as the results were concerned... well, the bottom cam was dead on perfect. I could measure no lean at all. The top one was out quite a bit, with the arrow crossing the string and dipping below it. Now, whether the top cam was like that from the factory or not, I can't really say. I did have it apart twice, and the harness sat around while I was working to get the limb pockets all aligned before pressing the bow to reassemble it. It is possible that the cable side of the yoke untwisted itself. I just don't know. Fortunately, it was the top wheel that was out, and twisting the cable side of the split yoke solved the problem. That is something I will start checking more carefully from now on.

ampahunter: I don't know what retail is for the bow. Newberry has run several "promotional" sales programs to get their bows into the hands of shooters and hunters. I took advantage of one of these avenues, and got the bow for less than retail. I am not connected with the company in any way, so it is not like I am a staff shooter or anything like that. I just do not know what a dealer would ask for these bows. I'm pretty sure you can buy them direct from the factory, or request information on a dealer near you to contact about the bows and prices. Sorry I can't answer your question, but I simply do not know the answer.