HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is your dedication?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 05:09 PM
King Hugh

Default RE: What is your dedication?

I don't currently pay for a lease, but I would consider one. There is a group that leases the property right behind my house...If I could find out who they were I'd approach them about buying in.

Of the 3 places that I hunt, all are privatly owned, and I don't have to pay a dime, nor do any work. They are all great people. All within an hour drive from home, and on one we have a camper parked where we can stay whenever we want, and leave there year round. The property is currently for sale though......1.5 million....more than I can come up with right now.

My uncle and I hunt together and we have discussed buying a piece of property in upstate NY. We can't seem to get together on it though. I'm seriousley considering just buying a piece myself. Maybe even leasing some hunting rights out to help cover the cost. I wonder if there would be any groups out there that would lease a property with the agreement that they would have exclusive hunting rights, except for myself and my wife. hmmmm.......

I'm amazed when I see how far people travel.......I gripe about having to drive 45 minutes. I don't feel very lucky doing it, but I guess I am.

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

I'm posting this in response to Tealboy's post of what is this sport coming to.

Do you pay for a lease?

How much/year?

Do you travel to get there?

How far?

If you don't would you?

Me personally, I won't say I won't pay for one because who knows the future. Before I would pay for one, I would look at buying property. In fact, the property I own now was bought with hunting in mind (My wife wanted a nice neighborhood and hunting it was not on her list). I was still able to find both to keep momma happy.

I am still amazed at what someone will pay for a hunting lease. Maybe thats what it's coming to or maybe I need to look at it as another investment opportunity.