HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - the shot.......
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 10:36 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: the shot.......

lol glad im not the only one......maybe im doing it all right and just forget....its like my mind is blank for howver long it took me to pull up on the bird and crack one off......i do remember racking another shell in and heard the gun go off...never felt it go off but it did lol.......guess maybe theres nothing to worry about since i killed 2 like that.......and im the same way with my guns......i dont really think about taking the saftey off.....it happens right before the trigger is pulled......guess i got that from snap shooting small game......i just got used to finding them safteys quickly without thinking about it......kinda neat how our mind works......its gota be from that major adrenaline rush....this year i remember grabbing my call and my empty and running to the bird......i cant leave the call there and HAVE to have the empty for the mounts i do....so i pick them up second nature.....id definently loose my calls if i left them there......i can go back now and find the tree i was at.....but that morning it would took a while.....i hope my pics arent blurry from me shaking as i took pics....some were last year......and last year my tag is all chicken scratch from me shaking so badly trying to fill it out.......man its an awesome feeling after the shot.....before it when you know hes coming is bad enough......when i heard them off the roost i got that feeling like he was the one this year and my knees started to rattle and go crazy.....my heart was pounding the whole time they were on the roost.....75yds infront of me going nuts......then they flew down and dissappeared......i didnt know where they went or if they were coming......but i got that feeling and couldnt breath and was trembling......man what a rush........people that abuse drugs to get a rush must never been turkey hunting!!!!!!!