HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leaving it all behind and hanging up the bow for good.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:42 PM
c903

Default Leaving it all behind and hanging up the bow for good.

Compound bows, that is.

Last season, after 24-25 years of mostly using a compound bow, I went back to a recurve.

Hunting compadre has bad shoulder. He can shoot recurves and longbows with no problem, compounds are now tearing him up. He rigged up and went back to the "stick," and I followed suit as a loyalty move.

I tuned the bow by twisting the string a mite until I got the brace I wanted, tuned the bow by moving my nocking point and adjusting my pressure button, carried the bow into the field between the tips of my fingers, hung the bow on my ear as I ascended my stands, so light I had to keep checking to make sure the bow was still in my hand, and hung the bow on a piece of protruding tree bark when resting.

I cannot say I have not enjoyed shooting compounds, but the freedom that the "stick" gives me is a highly welcomed old friend. A new custom bow will be here in short time. I feel for those that have never shot a "stick" and believe all the tales of woe they have been told by non-stick shooters.

Free at last, free at last, thank God…………..!